After my third attempt at a peacock swirl, I am finally happy with the result! Well, mostly. Here is my soap!
I am very happy with the swirl, but the colors are not exactly what I wanted. My titanium dioxide seized the white portion of my soap (weird right?) so I didn’t get the white contrast that I was looking for. Here is my color prep.
The colorants I used (from Bramble Berry) were Aqua Pearl Mica, Tangerine Wow, Chrome Green Oxide + Lime Labcolor, Activated Charcoal, and Titanium Dioxide. I fragranced it with a nice fresh, clean scent called Sea Breeze. (I expected the soap to be mostly blue and white…hah).
Here are my lines
And here is the peacock swirl! YAY!
I realized the soap batter really has to be SUPER thin. Like completely liquid. Barely emulsified. That’s how I finally got my colors to swirl together rather than sit on top of each other.
I am finally happy enough to submit this soap into the challenge! I don’t know how it will compare to the others, but I’m proud of it! I hope my fellow soapmakers like it too 🙂 Check out my first attempt at the peacock swirl and mini tutorial here!